On February 28th former president Trump spoke at the CPAC convention. The speech was for 90 minutes and today we’re going to deliver our take of the speech. o
- Trump isn’t going anywhere. Trump made it clear in the speech that he will be staying in the political field, even hinting at a possible 2024 run.
- Trump is staying a Republican. His exact words were “I am not starting a new party.” You can’t be blunter than that.
- Trump hasn’t given up on his narrative that Democrats stole the 2020 election. He even said “We even did better in the second election than we did in the first. I won the first. I won the second.”
- According to Trump, “Big Tech” is still trying to silence the conservatives. “If Republicans can be censored for speaking the truth and calling out corruption, we will not have democracy, and we will only have left wing tyranny” was what he said.
- Trump attacked the decision to join back in the Paris Climate Accord and the move to cancel the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- Trump still has a hardline stance against immigration. He said, “To top it all off, the Biden people are pushing a bill that would grant mass amnesty for millions of illegal aliens while massively expanding chain migration.”
- He wants kids to go back to school. He stated that “There’s no reason whatsoever why the vast majority of young Americans should not be back in school immediately.”
Our Take: We think Trumps speech was dangerous because he didn’t accept the election results. For the Republicans, we think they felt happy because Trump said he wouldn’t start a new party.